Is the Holy Spirit calling you to a deeper conversion and commitment to the Church but there is always something in the way?
We are all on a faith journey and we encourage you to take a trusting step with us.
Please Join Us
April 18th - May 30th, 2017
6:45pm - 9:00pm
In the Seton Room in the Parish Activity Center
To pre-register, ask questions or simply talk to someone about your journey
please call 469-777-8668 or email SetonCOA@gmail.com
Drop-ins are always welcome!
The door is open. Step inside. Welcome home!
Have You Been Asking These Questions?
- The Church doesn’t accept my marriage as valid, so how could I ever come back?
- Am I missing something in my spiritual life by not going to Mass and practicing my Catholic faith?
- I’ve been away so long. Is it too late for me to return?
- So much has changed. How will I get caught up?
- What if I don’t agree with what the Church teaches?
- I’ve made serious mistakes. Can God forgive me?
- I was hurt by someone in the Church. How would returning to the Church help me now?
Catholic Once and Again can show you the way home, provide instruction and support you during your journey back into the Catholic Church. COA offers sessions where you can discuss your issues that concern you in a safe, accepting atmosphere.
The ministry of Jesus is about forgiveness and healing! Sometimes our sins are big, but we can be sure our God is bigger! Nothing is beyond His healing and the Church has ministries that can help you through this process. No person has been gone so long that they cannot return to the Catholic Faith.
The Top Five Reasons People Return to the Church
- Because they hunger for the Eucharist - Most people describe it as a deep longing for the spiritual nourishment that comes when they receive the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ.
- Because they want their family to be part of a faith community - They desire a solid foundation on which they and their children can build their lives.
- Because they need forgiveness and they need to forgive others - The Church provides the opportunity for absolution for your mistakes. And the Church provides the opportunity to seek God’s help in forgiving others.
- Because they want to be healed - Life can sometimes wound us. The Church can’t change what has happened but it can provide help in healing the spiritual wounds.
- Because they want meaning in life - In the rush of our busy world many people’s lives have lost a sense of meaning. The Catholic Church offers a beacon of light that gives deep meaning to our lives.
There is a Solution! There is Healing!
We want to welcome you home to the Catholic Faith!
The purpose of Catholic Once and Again Ministry (COA) is to offer assistance to adult former members of the Roman Catholic Church who, having left the faith or merely lapsed in participation for an extended time period, wish to return to full and active membership in the Catholic Church. No person has been gone so long that they cannot return to the Catholic Faith.
Assistance to returning Catholics is provided by a COA Ministry Team; this optional assistance includes:
- Seven Tuesday evening sessions which review and clarify the primary teaching of the Church;
- A caring Seton parishioner to accompany and guide each individual during their journey home to the Catholic Faith; and
- Guidance and assistance in resolving impediments to full membership, such as marriage issues.
Established with the assistance of parishioners who themselves returned to the Catholic Faith, Catholic Once & Again offers an understanding, welcoming, and confidential environment. COA strives to enhance each returning Catholic’s faith journey and spiritual growth through learning, worship, and community fellowship.
Please join us for informal and confidential sharing sessions:
Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart, to guide and gently direct your discernment. His ever-loving Grace is in us and among us. He heals and forgives, because you are His beloved son or daughter.
We miss you and we want to welcome you home!