September 19, 2015
September 19, 2015
The Seton-Sponsored Habitat Build is entering its final stages. On Saturday September 19, volunteers spent the day beginning the landscaping process for the new home with sod laid around the outside of the house....and then God did some watering (our afternoon painting was rained out ;). On Saturday, Sept. 17th trim painting will continue and clean up will begin. The prep work for driveway concrete was completed and awaiting the concrete pour that will take place soon.
Build Day Support! In addition to the many Seton volunteers who helped on Build Day #13 the Seton Habitat Team wants to thank the following businesses and Seton parishioners for their kind support for the build:
- Frank Haas, a Seton Parishioner, provided water and ice. Frank’s continued support of the build has been a blessing
- Starbucks at 15th west of Central Expressway was kind enough to provide coffee for the volunteers. Starbucks seems to be the preferred choice to get the volunteers started at the beginning of the build day.
- The Historic Downtown Plano Association provided a donation that covered the cost of a pizza lunch! The HDPA has been very supportive of the build and their contribution of a volunteer lunch is much appreciated.
- Angela's at the Crosswalk (1010 East 15th St., in Downtown lano) provided a post-build lunch with complimentary snacks and very affordable refreshments (www.angelascrosswalk.com)
Seton Parishioners can help finish the build in several ways:
- Build Volunteers still needed! We have seen many parishioners and their older children (14 years+) working side-by-side to put their Faith into action. To sign up for a future Build Date go to www.SetonParish.org/Habitat and follow the instructions.
- Bottles of water, Gatorade, and ice are still needed for the final build dates! Any parishioner who would like to provide or contribute to the cost of these important supplies should contact Jessica or Missy.
- October 17 is scheduled to be the Dedication of the house as it is turned over to partner family. All Seton parishioners are invited to the dedication. Details, including time for the dedication will appear in a future bulletin Update and on the Seton website.
Follow Our Progress!
Go by and take a look at the project! 1109 G Avenue in East Plano (Across the street from the Douglass Community Center).
For information about the Seton HfH Team:
Jim Parente, 972-208-0302
Tracy Holley at
To Donate Lunch or Water, etc.:
Jessica Vieira at
Missy Civello at